What are some of my favorite things? This is actually a hard question to answer—not because I don’t have any, but because there are so many to choose from.
Not counting the obvious things like my family, home, hobbies, and writing, I decided to make this a picture journal of six of “my favorite things.”
- Since I haven’t taken down my Christmas decorations yet, I’ll start with that. I love the Holidays and love decorating for them. One of my favorite decorations is the poinsettia. In fact, I consider it one of my favorite flowers of a long list of favorites.
- I love birds, especially cardinals. I love them so much that I have a bird garden and my office is decorated in a bird theme, which cardinals are a big part of.
- I know I said I wasn’t going to consider my hobbies for this list, which gardening is one of. However, I do consider my garden among my favorite things. Here, I’m sitting in the middle of my bird garden. This picture was taken about seven years ago, right after I planted it.
- Everything Star Wars. I first fell in love with the Galaxy Far, Far Away in the late ’90s when my husband picked up a discounted VHS boxed set of the Original Trilogy from a bargain bin. I would have been a kid in 1977, but hadn’t seen the movies until then—and it was love at first viewing. Since then, I’ve probably seen all the movies—including the Prequels and the animated Clone Wars movie—at least a two-dozen times. I’ve watched the animated TV shows, read over 200 books and comic books in the Expanded Universe, and even wrote over 40 fan fiction stories. Yeah, I’m a fan girl geek.
- Everything Outlander. This is a new one for me, but since I only first listened to the audio books a little over a year ago, I’ve listened to the series three times and watched the TV show three times. Yep, Droughtlander is killing me…
Lastly—- My cat Penny. Who really is a member of my family, but I couldn’t resist adding a picture of her. She’s lying on the same bench that I’m sitting on above in my bird garden. She loves tormenting the birds… Fortunately for the birds, she’s too fat and lazy to catch any of them.
What are some of your favorite things?
Check out other authors in the Challenge here: