Hello Sara, and thank you for having me back. I not only write mystery, paranormal, fantasy, poetry, and true crime, I also dabble in canvas art. I will be awarding two people who comment a paperback or PDF of their choice. My books are listed below.
- When did you begin to paint and write? I began writing and painting as a child. Writing is the only activity that keeps my interest.
- Where do you get your inspiration for your paintings? Mostly from calendars and postcards. I love painting lighthouses, sunsets, beaches, and barns.
- Is music a factor for you while you are painting? Do certain songs put you in the right frame of mind to paint certain scenes? No I don’t need music to get me in the mood to paint, but music is nice to listen too while I paint or write. I do keep a radio on my computer stand.
- If you could collaborate with one artist or author living or not, who would it be? Ann Rule. I just love her stories, and many have been turned into movies, which is my goal for my stories.
- If your muse were to talk behind your back, what secrets would they tell? That I am a private person-loner if you will
- Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught? My good guys are experts at love making, and the bad guys get little or no action.
- What can readers look for next from you? I am in the process of turning Murder Most Foul into a screenplay for film or television.
- What are your painting or writing goals? To get better at both. To always learn something different.
- What do you hope your paintings do for others? I hope my art brings happiness to those who gaze upon it, and is valued by those who purchase it.
Two fun facts about JoAnne
- What is your perfect date? A perfect date is a man who is a gentleman. Someone with good manners, sincerity, honestly, and a good Christian heart and values. Is that too much to ask for? I always keep good values in mind when creating a main character. I like good guys and want the good guy to win, but that’s not always what happens with some of my story endings.
- What would your muse say about you behind your back? That I am shy and awkward around others.
Loves, Myths and Monsters
A collection of mystical tales starring The Mothman, the Chupracabra, reincarnation, ghosts, an Egyptian love curse and more entwined within the human world.
Welcome To Anna
Little does 17 year old Zoe, realize, but the Chupracabra followed her to Ohio from South America. What happens next is a series of chilling mysteries, and unsuspecting friendships and love.
The Hunter’s Bride
When all game warden Daren Abram, had to worry about was which lucky lady to woo, he comes to the realization that his town is being stalked by the reincarnation of the town’s legend.
For teenage mermaid Constance, coming to the quaint seaside town of Willowick, is heavenly, until she falls for mortal boy Drake. For the town to survive, Constance is forced to choose between her kind and the boy and town she loves.
When young Lycan Sonny Red Blanket, a Shawnee Indian falls for mortal girl Drenda Way, he must save her from his fellow Lycan’s and stop a werewolf uprising.
Apiologist 34-year-old Duncan McPherson goes to Circleville, Ohio, to investigate a series of mysterious bee attacks. What is uncovered proves to be more dark and sinister then anyone imaged.
Incarcerated in the abandoned Roseville jail, is the last thing rich college student and speeder Brice Conrad, needs. With an “agreement” between the town and a permanent demonic “guest”, only the unfortunate ones know the truth, but do not live to tell.
For The Love Of Ginnie
Handsome bachelor and Scientist Alex Anderson from the thirtieth century, returns to the Civil War with time serum to save his beloved Ginnie Wade from a snipers bullet, while finding a roller coaster ride of joy and perils.
Is It Only A Myth?
When 32-year-old Vinton County Sheriff, James “Jim“ Connors, discovers he has a Mothman hunting in his county, he stops at nothing to save his citizens.
The rough and ready cowboy John Queenie gets the shock of his life, when the ad to break a “wild filly” turns out to be a fiery Quaker girl named Tess. This is a story proving love conquers all.
The House On Shady Lane
A seemingly loving family turns out to be serial killers in 1873.
When an Egypt love curse scroll is stolen from a Dean’s office, persons begin dying in bizarre and grisly ways, with the college’s mascot a Viking King statue jokingly blamed for it.
About the Author:
When not busy with hobbies or working outside the home, I spend time with relatives, my dog Jasmine, and volunteer my time within the community. I am a member of the International Women’s Writing Guild, Savvy Authors, Coffee Time Romance, Paranormal Romance Guild, True Romance Studios, National Writers Association, the Hocking Hill’s Arts and Craftsmen Association, The Hocking County Historical Society and Museum, and the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center. I believe in family values and following your dreams. My original canvas paintings, can be found at: booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com
Books by JoAnne:
“MURDER MOST FOUL” a detective/mystery
“WICKED INTENTIONS” a paranormal/mystery anthology
“LOVES’, MYTHS’ AND MONSTERS’,” a fantasy anthology
“THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY,” a biography true-crime
“POEMS ABOUT LIFE, LOVE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN”
“TWISTED LOVE,” a true-crime anthology
“FLAGITIOUS,” a crime/mystery novella collection