Back in the beginning of January I did an article on a guest blog about how I faired in keeping or meeting my 2012 goals. But I hadn’t made any for 2013 yet. Well, after a month of careful planning—er…procrastination—I finally came up with some.
My goals for this year are very similar to those of last, but I’m making them more specific.
- Finish Gambling On a Dream and A Family for Jesse, both contemproary western romantic suspense novels, by June 1. Dream will be submitted to my editor at Lyrical, and Jesse I’m planning to submit to other publishers such as Entangled and Samhain and maybe even agents.
- Begin another book—either book 4 of my Colton Gambling series—Gambling On A Wish or another stand alone western.
- DO MORE BLOGGING!!!!! I’ve come to the conclusion guest blogging and blog tours don’t work for me (which I plan to do a blog on…LOL). I need to be blogging on my own blog, which will hopefully help me in the next goal.
- Figure out and incorporate SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to my websites. I’ve started doing this on Sara’s website and have seen my hits go up. The plan is to bring actual readers to me, not just other writers.
- Which leads me to this goal… Figure out how to better market myself. The first thing I need to do is find some good books on marketing for authors with a shoestring budget and read them. (So, if anyone has any suggestions, please leave them in a comment.)
- Take at least three classes.
- Enter at least three contests.
- This next goal is more personal—I’ve recently been having some minor health issues that I really want to keep from becoming big ones. So, my health goal for this year is to lose at least 50 pounds. I’m going to join Weight Watchers and do more exercise. I plan to keep everyone in the loop either here or over on Cera’s blog, hopefully by having you all cheer me on, I’ll be able to meet or surpass this goal.
Well, there you have them… Hopefully, I can keep them.
So, what are your goals for the year?